Mid-Atlantic Lighthouses - John H Bowman Photos
Concord Point Lighthouse (MD)

Concord Point Lighthouse (MD)

Havre de Grace, Maryland, is city (13,017 in 2010) in Harford County at mouth of Susquehanna River, at upper end of Chesapeake Bay; Concord Point Lighthouse added to National Register of Historic Places 1976 (shown as Havre de Grace Lighthouse, but more commonly known as Concord Point; 76000999); built 1827, decommissioned in 1975, when it was, per Lighthouse Friends, "oldest beacon in continuous use in MD; granite tower height 30 ft, overall height 36 ft; light first came from 9 lamps & reflectors, replaced by steamer's lens 1855, upgraded to 6th order Fresnel lens 1869 & to 5th order 1891; electrified 1918; keepers house also built 1827 as 1.5-story house with 34 ft by 20 ft footprint, 200 ft from tower; house expanded 1884, adding 2nd story; Friends of Concord Point Lighthouse formed 1979, after 1975 decommissioning; in 1981 tower restored, 5th-order Fresnel lens obtained on loan from US Coast Guard 1983 (such lens stolen from tower after decommissioning); dwelling restoration began 1988, removing modern additions & returning it to status after 1884 expansion by 2004; park-like landscaping added by Friends of Concord Point LH to make area more appealing

Blue skiesCanon24704LConcord Point lighthouseFall colorFlagsFlowering shrubsFlowers plantsHarford CoHavre de GraceHistoricLighthousesMarylandNRHPRosesUS flag